Thursday, October 8, 2009

John Winston Lennon

Man, can you hardly believe today is the 65th anniversary of Johns' birth year? Wonder what he'd be up to, hard to say I suppose, obviously didn't know the man but I've got to believe with alot of what's going on around our wonderful world now and for awhile now that he would have something to say either musically, in his art and poems or the activist that he was surely wouldn't have remained silent. For my money the man was senselessly taken from this life, as it would be for anyone no matter who they are to be murdered....strange as it is, when John was asked in an interview how he thought he might die, he reply was.."I'll probably get popped off by some looney", one month after his 40th birthday no less. I didn't and don't get into all the songs he did, I have my favorites, most everyone's probably is Imagine and the one he said he wrote for every woman in the world..Woman.. really a nice song to me, it showed the side of him after he got over his self. Well I really don't mean to turn this into a history lesson, just a few tidbits if you will...one really nice quote of John's is probably a good way to close out my ramblings . "Love is a promise,Love is a souvenier, once given never forgotten, never let it disappear.." IMAGINE....

No comments: